My Clicks

Dutch Palace Temple

Vallarpadam Bridge
— in Ernakulam.

Hill Palace Museum:Built in the 19th century by the Raja of Kochi, this palace served as the seat of the Raja of the Kochi province. The palace has been converted into a museum displaying a fine collection of articles showing the wealth and splendour of the Rajas of Kochi, including the thone and the crown. The musuem also houses a large collection of archaeological findings. Hill Palace is located 16km east of Cochin in Tripunithura, a satellite town of Cochin.

Darbar Hall Ground and Art Gallery:This Rajas of Cochin used to conduct their durbars in this impressive building located within the Durbar Hall grounds. It was later converted to a museum which has a treasure trove of archaeological findings and relics including old coins, sculptures, oil paintings and murals. The building has been taken over by the Kerala Lalitha Kala Academy and now houses the Gallery of Contemporary Art. All the exhibits of the museum have been moved to the Hill Palace museum.
— in Ernakulam.

Museum of Kerala History:The museum has on display spectacular audio-visual exhibits depicting the history and culture of Kerala along with many life size statues of many famous personalities and several paintings depicting Kerala history.

Vytila Mobility Hub
— at Vytilla.

Hill Palace Museum

High Court Of Kerala
— in Ernakulam.

The Basilica of Our Lady of Vallarpadam

St. Francis Church, Fort Kochi:It is the oldest church built by Europeans in India. On his 3rd visit to Kerala, Vasco da Gama, the Portuguese trader who reached India from Europe by sea, fell ill and died in Kochi. He was buried in the St. Francis Church. Later his remains were taken back to Portugal. In spite of that, his burial spot inside the church has been clearly marked out.
— in Fort Cochin

Vallarpadam Container Terminal
— in Ernakulam.

Darbar Hall Ground and Art Gallery

Santa Cruz Basilica, Fort Kochi:The original church, situated in Fort Kochi, was built by the Portuguese in 1505 and named as a cathedral in 1558. The British colonists destroyed the cathedral in 1795. The current structure was built in 1905 and raised to the status of a basilica by Pope John Paul II in 1984.
— in Fort Cochin.

Aluva Sivarathri Manappuram
— in Alwaye.

Adi Sankara Keerthi Sthampa Mandapam:Situated 48 kms north-east of Kochi, on the banks of river Periyar (Poorna). Kalady is the birthplace of Sri Adi Sankaracharya, the monotheist Hindu philosopher. He lived in the 8th century AD and died at the early age of 32 years. He traveled throughout India, on foot, debating with scholars and spreading his theory of Advaita or monotheism. The Adi Sankara shrine and the 8-storey painted Adi Sankara Keerthi Sthambam (see picture) are a must-see for any visitor here.
— inKalady.

Adi Sankara Keerthi Sthampa Mandapam